Transfer from DCTC
Transferring Credits from DCTC
The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system is working to make the transfer process easier. Students can help if they plan ahead, ask questions and use pathways created by transfer agreements.
Transfer Steps for DCTC Students
- Discuss transfer plans with a Student Services advisor.
- Review any formal written transfer agreements between DCTC and other institutions. Many four-year colleges and universities accept a significant number of credits from DCTC associate degree programs through transfer agreements, making the pursuit of a baccalaureate degree affordable, accessible and convenient for DCTC graduates.
- Obtain the following from the intended transfer college:
- College catalog and transfer brochure
- Information on admission criteria and materials required for admission, e.g., portfolio, transcripts and test scores
- Application and schedule information for financial aid
- Review these materials and make an appointment to talk with an academic advisor or transfer specialist at the intended college or major.
- Visit the uSelectMN to examine course-by-course articulations for selected colleges.
- Visit MnTransfer.org.